Thursday, January 5, 2012

Interview with Empress Wu

Reporter: Empress Wu, great to see you, I've got a few questions for you.

Empress Wu: Sure lets get started.

Reporter: During your reign, did you face many challenges? Did they have to do with your concubine background?

Empress Wu: I had to deal with all kinds of challenges such as the Mongols and trying to expand land. A challenge that had to do with my background was getting rid of Li Zhi's first wife Wang. I was his concubine and he replaced her with me as his wife and she was not happy about it. I wanted to get rid of Wang so I strangled my newborn daughter and blamed it on Wang. Li Zhi ordered to have her arms and legs amputated and to have the remains thrown into a wine vat.

Reporter: I see...Why did you strangle your own daughter? You don't think you could have done something else to get rid of Wang?

Empress Wu: Well I wanted to have power very badly and framing her for murder was an easy way to have her taken care of. So i strangled my daughter and i knew once Wang was out of the way, nothing could stop me from becoming Empress. I think that i could have blamed her on a crime that was not murder, but i was looking for a quick way to get rid of her. I could have blamed her of thievery, thus having her hands cut of but I dont think that would make her leave.

Reporter: How did you get power?

Empress Wu: My original plan was to take my time and slowly manipulate Li Zhi. I was slowly getting closer toward being Empress and then Li Zhi became paralyzed and half blind because of a stroke. I was named the Emperor.

Reporter: When you die or step down from power, who will be your successor?

Empress Wu: My son Li Xian will be my successor when I die. I plan to be in power until I die. I believe that he will take in my foot steps and lead china as I have

Reporter: Thank you for your time Empress Wu.

Empress Wu: Sure thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment